01 December 2011

Something Is Always Falling

"It won't rain all the time / The sky won't fall forever" -Jane Siberry

So, it's been quite a while since I first attempted to keep this blog. Let's just say it's been raining... a lot. And I never have an umbrella, which doesn't help in torrential downpours anyway. The creek has been pretty muddy, metaphorically speaking, and flooding has been a frequent occurrence. I've been treading water for the past year, trying not to get sucked under. I think it's time to find my land legs.


4 comments:

MadcapMissAdventurer said...

Welcome back to blogworld. Hope you find dry land soon. Looking forward to reading your future posts.

saltgirl said...

Thanks, MadcapMissAdventurer. So much has happened since I started this blog last December, and there was already so much that I had not covered. Not sure where to go from here.

MadcapMissAdventurer said...

Me? I'd like to hear about your day to day reality. Every day of my life has ties to my past. If I walk through my day mentally I can almost always see where something I did in my past affected what happened in the present. Talk about your day and then as you see past events that affected it you can tell us about them.

Life is a twisty turvy roller coaster ride. Take us for a tour of your theme park. Who cares if the tour begins at the entrance or somewhere in the middle of the park. Eventually we'll get to see it all, right?

REM Runner said...

What a beautifully written re-entry back into the blogosphere! I look forward to reading more. Your poetic use of metaphor is lovely - the image of finding your land-legs is so inspiring.